< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Phlebitis and Varicose Veins
Created On: 07/20/2014 11:03 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

01/22/2015 06:51 AM

Author Icon
lindaaperez98

Varicose vein after pregnancy is common in most of the women. Don't cross your legs while sitting and also frequently elevate your feet every time. There are plenty of non surgical varicose veins treatments are available . Due to the high success rate and fast recovery most of them prefer non surgical treatments like sclerotherapy treatment than surgical ones.So it is better you to opt these kind of treatments for removing the varicose veins rapidly.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 01/02/2015 02:18 AM

Author Icon
CathyPorter

Hi Jim, I too had a similar issue with my leg's vein acquired during my second pregnancy. I could see a vein on the back side of the leg like a lump and it used to go more swollen many times. On a visit to the doctor, I was asked to undergo the leg vein treatment (sclerotherapy), the results were fantastic and there has been no reappearance. It just took around 2 weeks to heal completely. I had to wear a tension bandage for about 4 days. But I'm not sure about your issue. You say that you have gone for an ultra sound, well..I'd suggest you consult a doctor in the first place. And yeah.. I do think varicose veins can lead to phlebitis.

11/14/2014 05:31 AM

Author Icon
healthystuff

Yes it could be possible due to your phlebitis. But if you want further help about it, talk with the right doctor. For the mean time, you may use castor oil for varicose veins. It eases the pain and make your leg better. And of course let your leg rest and use the oil to heal the small lump.

08/21/2014 03:26 PM

Author Icon
moodyrah

Hi Jim. Varicose Veins can lead to phlebitis. (See this: http://veins1.com/Education_Ce.../Conditions/Phlebitis) If you're worried, I'd recommend going back to the doctor.

07/20/2014 11:03 PM

Author Icon
Jim2520

My right leg on the inside across from the knee started to turn reddish and I could feel a vein on the back side like a lump then it started to swell some . Went to the ER and got a ultra sound done came back all veins clean . But when she put it on the lump she said it is a varicose vein and that was my problem. My question is can this cause Phlebitis ? Because my leg turned reddish and then the reddish kinda followed the vein for about two inches and now has stopped. It has seem to get better the redness now but the vein is sore and now there is a small lump on the outside vein . Is this normal with this kind of thing ????

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Interview with Dr. Saines: Diagnosing Varicose Veins 1
more more Featured Videos
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Sep 25, 2017  © 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.