Hep C {"varieses"} Vains.Backup from the liver.

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Hep C {"varieses"} Vains.Backup from the liver.
Created On: 03/21/2001 04:06 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

08/23/2012 03:11 AM

Author Icon
varana

Medical procedures are done either to remove varicose veins or to close them. Removing or closing varicose veins usually doesn't cause problems with blood flow because the blood starts moving through other veins.

---------------
vein care North Shore excellence in both cosmetic and therapeutic treatment options.

-------------------------
Varana @ Cook Ortho
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 11/18/2011 03:40 AM

Author Icon
Phlebologist

Varicose veins are enlarged veins that develop when the one-way vein valves stop functioning and the blood they contain pools in them instead of travelling to the heart. This happens as we age, especially when there is family history. Unfortunately, there is little we can do to prevent their occurrence, except avoiding prolonged sitting, standing, leading a healthy lifestyle in general, and taking dietary supplements, such as horse chestnuts. Once present, varicose veins do not disappear on their own; however, you can prevent their rapid progression by leading an active life, wearing compression stockings, elevating your legs whenever possible, and taking hose chestnuts. Severe cases, on the other hand, require medical intervention. Depending on their location and size, these veins can be treated either surgically, or with minimally invasive procedures, such as the VNUS Closure or EVLT, which do not require general anesthesia and are performed in a doctor's office. I should point out that varicose veins are rarely life-threatening, and in case you don't have the means for their treatment, at least wear compression stockings whenever you can.

-------------------------
Vein Doctor Los Angeles
 03/21/2001 04:06 PM

Author Icon
Christine11070

Hello I'm writing to tell you I feel I'm a true Medical oddity For One I have been through sevral Major sergerys and I wake up in each surgery. Im a single mom no hope for the future Im a sick girl from Hep-c. Now I Have This Varises veains What is it please and could you direct me to a site to help me better understand the causes for it or treatments of it? You patronage is appreicated. Sincerly CLScherzer.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Interview with Dr. Saines: Diagnosing Varicose Veins 2
more more Featured Videos
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Mar 21, 2019  © 2019 Body1 All rights reserved.
test