< REFRESH >
Topic Title: VNUS Closure Complications & Review
Created On: 07/10/2010 03:40 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

11/07/2013 03:23 PM

Author Icon
TimmyDukes

Have you tried laser vein treatment? It is less risky also if old method is not giving you enough benifit than you shoud try new one.

-------------------------
vein solutions Milwaukee Wisconsin
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 07/10/2010 03:40 PM

Author Icon
vnusproblems

I came to see Dr. Klyachkin with Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery Associates CTVS because I had some achy legs at the end of the day. I was told how easy and painless a procedure would be for this. The procedure was the VNUS closure. I was never explained in detail all the complications that could arise. I never really bother to ask much, since I was told by the Dr. that it was a 72 hrs. recovery procedure. I want to share what has happened to me hoping to find other people who have had the same problems and have improved. Also hoping to warn people about this procedure. I had the VNUS closure procedure about 3 1/2 months ago on my right leg. I was badly bruised after the procedure, and was told by Dr. Klyachkin that he had had trouble getting the catheter in. A month later I was having pain, it hurt to walk. I felt that ever since I had the VNUS closure, I was experiencing complications I never had before. I felt like I had a tight rope in the inside of my right thigh. It hurt to walk, I could not stretch, and simple touching of the area caused me pain. I was told it would go away. I came back to see my Dr. one more time a few days ago. I am still experiencing pain, 3 1/2 months after having the VNUS closure procedure; I can't rub lotion on my leg, I can't swim because the pressure of the water causes me pain, and I even have to be careful when changing the baby's diaper because a small kick means pain. I was very disappointed at the Dr.'s response when I saw him. He said to me that just because I did not have pain before surgery, that the pain was related to it. I was speechless, he basically was washing his hands off the situation and barely admitted it could be nerve damage. Now, I was told I will be in pain for about a year. I was told it would improve and I am hoping Dr. Klyachkin at least has this one right. I still have to wear my support hoses to relieve the achiness at the end of the day, so the VNUS closure procedure brought me no benefits, but brought me lots of complications, possible nerve damage, bruises that won't go away and has interfered with my daily activities for the last 3 months.

I hope this can help someone do more research before choosing the VNUS closure procedure. I should have done it instead of trusting a Dr. and not questioning him about possible complications. Please do some research and make sure the VNUS closure procedure won't leave you in pain or close to death, as I read in a forum recently. I am in my early thirties, eat very balanced meals and exercise on a regular basis, so I never expected to have this many complications after the VNUS closure. Please read, inform yourself and ask questions. I will save you pain and troubles.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

DVT
Summer Travel DVT
Sitting motionless for long periods may put some summer travelers at an ...
more more Featured Videos
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Sep 30, 2014  ©1999- 2014 Body1 All rights reserved.