< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Aneurysms
Created On: 01/03/2001 12:23 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

09/03/2014 06:53 PM

Author Icon
AmariT

Anuerysms are scary. My roommate has a friend whose 19-year-old brother died suddenly, no warning at all, while at the beach from a brain aneurysm. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do to know it's coming. The best prevention methods are just to eat well, exercise, don't smoke, and be tested regularly for high blood pressure and cholesterol.

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 05/02/2013 10:32 PM

Author Icon
varana

Well, we should be more aggressive about pursuing genetic testing.________________vein care North Shore excellence in both cosmetic and therapeutic treatment options.

-------------------------
Varana @ Cook Ortho
 07/06/2007 02:28 PM

Author Icon
bernardo

quote:
Originally posted by: Gina8975I am very concerned on how many people die from Aneursyms, daily.. I have a 18yr old relative (male) who had a Aneurysm. Fortunately he survived. Two years later, November 2000 another male relative of mine, 25yrs old, was very unfortunate. He did not survive. The same surgeon treated both of my relatives. The surgeon stated Aneurysms are/can be heriditary. He advised all siblings, and relatives have MRA/MRI done. I have three children, I would like all of them checked. My son has a stabbing pain between his eye and bridge of his nose. His dr. referred him to a Opthamologist. My question is: What are the guidelines on testing for Aneurysms? I do not want o feel the pain of losing another loved one due to Aneurysm. Do we just sit by and let Aneurysms sneak up on us and take lives? What is being done currently in the medical field? This is a very serious condition. There needs to be more awareness. Since then I have heard of two people dying, and two recovering. Please respond with all you can. I am in desperate need of answers. As well as my family.
 06/15/2007 09:41 AM

Author Icon
Jilly

I had an abdominal aortic aneursym in December 2006. I was told that 80% do not live. Also was told that it is heriditary.......you can have your family tested via Life Line Screening. They do an ultrasound to check for aneurysms. lifelinescreening.comGod Bless. Jilly
 02/16/2001 10:50 AM

Author Icon
Lindel10289

I recently had an aneursym in my right wrist repaired. I have since heard from friends that it could be a hereditary problem. I am concerned if I might have any more time bombs in my body. And how to check for them or if it is something that is readily screened for after a discovery of possible manifestation due to the inclusion of an intial discovery? Is a MRI the best way to detect this or what?
 02/09/2001 04:28 PM

Author Icon
notshown

After a brain tumor surgery two years ago, I have been rechecked by my neurosurgeon and found to have three mid cerebral anuerysm. I am scheduled for surgery at the University of Wisconsin on Feb 16th....I am very scared to undergo two neosurgeries in two years...also want to know if this is hereditary as I have to biological daughters that are young adults. Can anyone give me an idea if this is hereditary.... I neglected to ask my surgeon this question. Sue Fischer
 01/03/2001 12:23 PM

Author Icon
Gina8975

I am very concerned on how many people die from Aneursyms, daily.. I have a 18yr old relative (male) who had a Aneurysm. Fortunately he survived. Two years later, November 2000 another male relative of mine, 25yrs old, was very unfortunate. He did not survive. The same surgeon treated both of my relatives. The surgeon stated Aneurysms are/can be heriditary. He advised all siblings, and relatives have MRA/MRI done. I have three children, I would like all of them checked. My son has a stabbing pain between his eye and bridge of his nose. His dr. referred him to a Opthamologist. My question is: What are the guidelines on testing for Aneurysms? I do not want o feel the pain of losing another loved one due to Aneurysm. Do we just sit by and let Aneurysms sneak up on us and take lives? What is being done currently in the medical field? This is a very serious condition. There needs to be more awareness. Since then I have heard of two people dying, and two recovering. Please respond with all you can. I am in desperate need of answers. As well as my family.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Interview with Dr. Saines: Varicose Veins 1
more more Featured Videos
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Editorial Policy | Privacy Policy
Last updated: Apr 26, 2017  © 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.